Hello Friend!!! Welcome you to this Wonderful Reflection for the day 26 January 2023. I am very happy to see you coming to read this reflection. Today’s readings are called to reflect on the God’s Call and Mission.
Table of Contents
Readings of the Day
|First Reading||2 TIMOTHY 1. 1-8|
|Gospel Reading||LUKE 10. 1-9|
Focus of the Today
Faith is essentially fire and not ashes. Our faith must always burn us with the fire of love for God and set us in flames of zeal and benevolence toward others
7 Inspiring Catholic Reflection for the Day
1. Today, lethargy and compromise are prevailing and reducing the quality of faith, benevolence, and dedication in all spheres of life. Consequently, we do not find many sincere efforts to grow in faith, to do good to others, and to be committed to the right things in life. Many are so shallow and thus easily waver in their faith. Many are so self-centered and self-interested and thus are indifferent and unkind. Many are so comfort-seeking and compromising and thus are non-committal to a value-life.
2. It is in this context the Word of God of today, in commemoration of Saints Timothy and Titus is a clear illuminator and indicator for us to renew our lost spirits. Like Timothy and Titus, we are called to preserve and foster a sincere faith by constantly “fanning it into flame” and not allowing it to become tepid.
3. We are to be people of power and not fear. Our operating principles are love and self-control. The sole purpose and aim is to bear testimony to the Lord. For this, we need to be ready to share in suffering for the sake of the gospel.
4. It is because we share in the mission of the Lord himself and it is very challenging. We will be like “lambs among the wolves”. Besides, the mission is vast but the missioners are few, as Jesus says, “Harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few”.
5. It is a mission of spreading the kingdom of God where God’s love, peace, and justice reign. We are called to be lovers and promoters of peace and not division and aggression. We need to give a healing touch to a world that is sick in different ways and forms. Certain stability and consistency is also required as Jesus says, “Remain in the same house… do not go from house to house”.
6. There is also a sense of “urgency” in the mission. It means that we must be always on wheels, always plunged into action. There is no time to waste, and one cannot procrastinate. Time is short and precious and we cannot afford to lose it in unnecessary niceties and secondary things, as Jesus says, “Greet no one on the road”.
7. In carrying out such a challenging mission, we must shun every tendency to excessively depend on our own human resources like talent and competence or worldly securities and guarantees like money, power, and position. That is why Jesus warns us, “Carry no money bag, no knapsack, no sandals”. It is not that we do not make use of the available resources or equipment. The point is that our greatest resource and equipment is God’s power that sustains, guides, and strengthens us in our mission journey.
Direction For Life
The followers of the Lord would do well in their mission if they do not cling too much to worldly securities and autonomies. While these can be handy and complementing, nothing of these must be substituted for the power of God
Hope you had a good experience reading the catholic reflection for the day. With another inspiring message we shall meet in the next post. Stay Tuned in Biblemsg.com Thank You.