Hello Friend!!! Welcome you to this Powerful Catholic Reflection for the day 7th February 2023. I am very happy to see you coming to read this reflection. Today’s readings.
Table of Contents
Readings of the Day
|First Reading||GENESIS 1.20 – 2.4a|
|Gospel Reading||MARK 7. 1-13|
Focus of the Today
We are truly steeped into a situation of duplicity where there is a contradiction between the interior and the exterior; often the external actions do not correspond to the internal disposition
Inspiring Catholic Reflection for the Day
1. One main saddening defect of the practice of religion is hypocrisy. Many contend to be religious-minded people because they practise many religious activities and traditions. But their hearts are not really close to God and their lives are not in harmony with what they believe and practise. There is so much dichotomy between their faith observances and concrete way of living
2. This is what we find in many religious followers today, irrespective of religion. In the name of staunch loyalty to God, they can hate others so much and speak and act violently. In the name of strict adherence to religious principles, they can totally violate the supreme principles of love, justice, and equality. In the name of faith in a living God, they can mercilessly kill others.
3. This is all a fake and false religion. This is all a shallow and evil practice of faith. A religion that has no clean heart, a faith that lacks charity, a tradition that does harm to others – none of these are true. In other words, this is hypocrisy, a lack of correspondence between the exterior religious activities and the interior intentions and perspectives.
4. There is also a lack of harmony between the religious practices and concrete obligations of fraternity and charity. Hypocrisy exaggerates man-made traditions and policies and neglects and discards the divine precepts and true spiritual injunctions. Hypocrisy also cleverly distorts the understanding and interpretation of the Scripture and the laws of religion
5. Jesus recurrently confronts such hypocrisy of the Pharisees and scribes. They blame his disciples for eating with unwashed hands. But little do they realise that their own unwashed and unclean hearts are more detestable. They do many purificative ablutions but their hearts are not purified and not pure.
Direction For Life
A religious activity or a spiritual practice or a traditional observance by itself is not a guarantee of true faith. All these must make one more integral, authentic, and upright
You may like
Hope you had a good experience reading the catholic reflection for the day. With another inspiring message we shall meet in the next post. Stay Tuned in Biblemsg.com Thank You.