Hello Friend!!! Welcome you to this Powerful Catholic Reflection for the day 8th February 2023. I am very happy to see you coming to read this reflection. Today’s readings.
Table of Contents
Readings of the Day
|First Reading||Genesis 2:4b-9, 15-17|
|Gospel Reading||Mark 7:14-23|
Focus of the Today
Cleanliness is mostly seen and judged in terms of the exterior. A person is regarded as neat and tidy depending on appearance. But what about the interior?
Inspiring Catholic Reflection for the Day
1. Jesus once again draws our attention to the issue of defilement and uncleanness. He teaches in the clearest terms that we must pay more attention to interior defilement. We must check and see how our hearts are getting defiled and contaminated by all sorts of evil, negative, and impure thoughts.
2. In Jesus’ own words, from the heart emerge all evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these evil things come from within. Subsequently, they defile his words and actions. Thus, the whole person is defiled.
3. The interior is the oven of all the evil fire of offensive speech and harmful behavior. The interior impurity is like the pest at the root that quietly and subtly corrodes and destroys the whole plant. Unfortunately, many think that defilement comes from the externals.
4. That is why we have seen and still see many taboos, many prohibitions, and many discriminations, in cultures, societies, and religions. Some foods and some persons are kept away because they are considered defiling, unclean, and untouchable.
5. In the present times, there is an increased concern for environmental and ecological cleanliness. There is a concerted drive against various pollutions. There is also more beauty or appearance-consciousness. All these are good and needed. But we must make sure that this concern with external purity and cleanliness should not override the concern for internal cleanliness.
6. We must feel more responsible and committed to a drive, to a process of inner cleansing. We must collect and throw away the inner garbage. We must make our hearts, our thoughts, our attitudes, our perspectives, and our modes of judging and deciding more clean, guileless, and maliceless.
Direction For Life
The present society will do better if it reduces its obsession with mere externals and appearances and starts giving more importance to interiority and depth
You may like
Hope you had a good experience reading the catholic reflection for the day. With another inspiring message we shall meet in the next post. Stay Tuned in Biblemsg.com Thank You.