Hello Friend!!! Welcome you to this Powerful Catholic Reflection for the day 14th February 2023. I am very happy to see you coming to read this reflection. Today’s readings.
Table of Contents
Readings of the Day
|First Reading||GENESIS 6. 5-8, 7. 1-5, 10|
|Gospel Reading||MARK 8. 14-21|
Focus of the Today
Negative influences assail us at any time and all the time, and we need to be cautious about them.
Inspiring Catholic Reflection for the Day
1. This is our human predicament that is being constantly exposed to evil. All the more, in our own times, evil seems to be on a rampage. Exactly as in the time of Noah, we see that the wickedness of man is great on earth and all the thoughts seem to be thoroughly evil-oriented.
2. In Jesus’ time too, there were negative examples and the false influence of the Pharisees and scribes that shake true faith and misguided others. This is exactly the leaven of the Pharisees and that of Herod. We will never lack these wrong-footed influences, deviations, and distortions. Many are under false influences.
3. Consequently, as Jesus reproaches in the gospel, hearts are hardened. Having eyes, many do not see and having ears, they do not hear. They easily forget the immense good that happens in their life. The disciples had already seen the miraculous power of Jesus when he fed the multitude with a few loaves and fish. Yet, they were much worried about lacking enough bread. In these aspects, they too fall into the same category of faithless Pharisees and Jews.
4. What then is the remedy? We should constantly lean on Jesus and remember his miracles which are powerful manifestations of his love for us. In the face of wrong influences and pressures against faith, we must cultivate the spirit of turning to God in surrender and perseverance.
5. Like Noah in Genesis, we must keep ourselves uncontaminated and righteous even amidst evil and misguided generations, with false leaders like the Pharisees and Herod.
Direction For Life
What we must try is not so much avoid all the negative influences, which is not at all possible. But rather, to resist them, and to persevere till the end, resting on Jesus
You may like
Hope you had a good experience reading the catholic reflection for the day. With another inspiring message we shall meet in the next post. Stay Tuned in Biblemsg.com Thank You.